Monday, November 05, 2007

Weekend Recap

It's Monday morning and I'm really glad I don't have a huge day planned. Even though it was a normal weekend it felt like it made me a little tired. Friday at Ladies Thrive we had a small group; probably twenty or so. We often have closer to forty but the group always dwindles at the first of the month (check time). Still though, 20 is a far cry from where we started; Charity, Miss Alliece, Barbara and I sitting in a circle praying for someone (anyone) to come. God is good.

Saturday we hit the streets with some cold drinks, soup and invitations to our Thanksgiving meal that we'll be serving at BRDC Winbourne. We're hoping about 500 of our neighbors will join us for a turkey dinner. It's being held the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and we're recruiting volunteers so make sure you get hooked up to serve. Last year we had a great time at BRDC Roselawn and we're believing that this year will be even better.

I love that we get to take the doors of the church to the street. This week I was driving the truck so I wasn't knocking on doors. Talk about a cool vantage point. I watched as dozens of red shirts went down the street; praying for people, feeding them and representing our God with bold enthusiasm.

I know that we're not supposed to compare, but I think we have some of the greatest volunteers in the world. Every week they show up, eager to share God's love with people they've never met. They knock on doors in some of the roughest areas of Baton Rouge, simply to remind the residents that God loves them right where they're at. How cool is that?

Kudos to the team...love y'all and see you on the streets. All glory to God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home