Friday, October 26, 2007

Day One: Kickin!!!

Last night Pastor DeLynn and her team launched our first ever women's conference...and it was slammin! The worship was incredible, amazing dance routines and a word straight from God brought through Holly Wagner.

To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure that I would enjoy an evening spent with 1200 women crammed into the HPC sanctuary. I'm not a big fan of crowds and I don't always enjoy a five-hour stretch in heels, but here's what happened: it wasn't about the line-ups or the heels or the unbelievable speakers. It wasn't about the music or the visual effects or even Pastor DeLynn. It was about God. It was about what He is doing in the lives of women, around our city and around the world. It was about Him reaching out and touching hearts, bringing dozens of ladies to the saving knowledge of His grace and mercy.

I love that HPC is always about more souls. I love that our pastors continue to choose sacrifice and risk over safety and ritual. I love being part of a church that is running hard after God.

All glory to Him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home