Monday, October 15, 2007

One step

I can't shake a line from Pastor Dino's sermon this weekend. He said, 'Faith is one step'. He was talking about Peter stepping out of the boat to walk towards Jesus on the water, but he was also talking about you and I. He was talking about us taking that one step towards whatever it is that God has called us to. For some He's calling for us to get plugged in; to find our place in His house. For others He's calling us to a deeper level of commitment. Maybe He's calling us to to take that step that throws us headlong into completing abandoning our plans, to make His plan our only priority in life. What's your one step?

I thought about Pastor DeLynn too. At HPC Women events I've heard her say, more than once, that she was afraid no one would come to her meeting. In ten days she will be hosting the Live the Dream Conference where 1200 women will show up to experience God's love. That's a big step. I love that our pastors are willing to take those big steps... to host a first-ever women's conference, to build a facility in the middle of a construction-crisis, to open a fourth Dream Center simply because people are hungry. That's what I want to do. I want to be like Peter and Pastors Dino and DeLynn. I want to stand at the foot of the mountain and tell it how big my God is. I want to jump over the side of the boat, even when I'm the only one going, simply because Jesus told me to come.

One step. Am I willing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home