Thursday, October 18, 2007

Getting Closer

It's closing in on midnight and I'm still here at my computer. I've been working on a few (seemingly hundred) last minute details for our big clean-up day at BRDC Winbourne. It absolutely blows my mind the way God works. I know that the Word says His thoughts are higher than my thoughts, but He put this one out of the park!

I was walking through Winbourne again today, simply amazed at the facility. I don't know who built it or for what purpose, but it seems like it was designed specifically for HPC. Every single detail points to us using it to reach our city. From the office space to the barber chair, God thought of everything.

I was unloading a truck as a group of high school students walked right past our door. I overheard the receptionist tell Miss Alliece that 35 of the 40 members of their church are widows. We are surrounded by lost, hurting and dying people...exactly where we want to be!

I love that we get to be a part of reaching God's favorite people. I love that Jesus left His throne in heaven to come down for me and you; to give us a way to get back home. I desperately needed help and He was there. How cool is it that we now get to be the signpost for others, to point them in the direction that leads to hope and freedom?

Oh Father, in Jesus' name let us always only point to You. All glory to God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home