Thursday, November 01, 2007

Happy November

Okay, it seems like the the last time I knew the date it was mid-July. Does anybody know where the summer went (or even the fall)?

I have this great calendar that my friend Emily gave me as a gift. Every month there's a new picture of a donkey (or sometimes several donkeys). I turned the page this morning to see my new donkey and the page said November. Then I heard on the radio that there's only 53 shopping days before Christmas. Who knew?

Before I found God, or rather was found by Him, my life was pretty much the same: wake up, endure the day, unintentionally hurt somebody, go to bed. I didn't mean for that to be my life, but it was. I had no concept of hope or a brighter future. I endured the pain and waited for the end. I am so very grateful that my life is no longer like that.

I think I've figured out how I lost the entire summer. It was swallowed up in Fridays at Ladies Thrive, weekend services, Servolution, fix-a-house, street outreach and the Women's Conference. It was spent doing what I love, with the people I love, for the God I love. That's pretty cool.

Happy November...enjoy the day...live your call and leave everything on the table. All glory to God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home