Monday, October 29, 2007

Get the tape

Okay, I don't know what happened but when I got up Sunday morning my cell phone said that it had automatically adjusted itself for daylight savings time. I'm thinking, 'Cool, had no idea that was now.' So I reset the other clocks in my house, do a little prayer time, go for a walk, etc. I realize that I have time to make the noon service so I shower, dress, makeup, the whole nine. I get a text message about doing a delivery after service and I tell them that's great. I hit Starbucks (for the sent-straight-from-heaven green tea frap), run another errand and then mosey over to church. I'm thinking that it's odd that the traffic guys aren't working but, hey, whatever. I walk into church and hear Pastor Dino speaking through the closed door. I ask the woman working the product area why church is going on now. She says, "Oh, do you have one of the phones that said the time changed?" I nod so she continues. "Yeah, that happened with a bunch of people. It's really 12:53."

I walked into the sanctuary just as Chris Caine was taking the stage. I sat down quick and pulled out a notepad. I've heard her speak several times but never like this. She talked about how God had woke her up in the middle of the night with a message for us. It was incredible.

Our Miracle Offering is coming up in a couple of weeks so there's been some buzz about that. Chris talked about giving what we have in our hands; like the widow who was assigned to feed Elijah. The widow didn't have anything but a little bit and a plan. Her plan was to eat the little bit and die. Seriously, that was the whole plan...eat and die.

I've read that scripture plenty of times and I've even taught from it before. For some reason it never spoke to me like it did on Sunday. I can't do the teaching justice so I urge you to GET THE TAPE. GET THE TAPE. GET THE TAPE.

I love that we're building a new facility to make room for others. I love that after service I got to go with Miss Alliece to deliver leftover roses and ice cream sandwiches to the battered women's shelter. I love that even though I don't have a clue what time it is God makes sure I'm in the right place at the right time; to receive a word from Him. I love my life, I love my church and I love my God. All glory to Him!

And GET THE TAPE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home