Friday, July 06, 2007

Friday Morning

Every Friday I have the opportunity to watch God move. Down at the Baton Rouge Dream Center we have Ladies Thrive, a support group for women living in the area. These are not the same women you would meet at Chick Nite or at a Sunday service at Highland. These women, like the Highland gals, are (to a large extent) a product of their environment.

This morning I watched women steal, cuss and lie. Then I watched those same women be brought to tears in the presence of God. As Pastor Alliece taught from God's Word these women shared their struggles of fear, hate, addiction and abuse. In group they discussed their families, their failures and their dreams. In the course of an hour I saw women walk through our doors desparate and despondent, and then leave with a glimmer of hope. Now, a glimmer may not seem like much, but in the darkest dark a glimmer can carry you a long, long way.

I believe that one day these women will be free. I believe that because I know that God did it for me. I don't steal, cuss or lie any more. I used to; all the time. But God changed my heart. As these women continue to learn about Him and be in His presence they'll be changed. What an awesome privilege to get to watch. All glory to God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home