Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What a week!

I've been a little off all week. Most of our core team from the Baton Rouge Dream Center have been out of town (scoping out some churches in Los Angeles for outreach ideas), so Craig and I have been doing our best to hold down the fort.

The team flew out early Thursday morning. After spending a couple hours at the warehouse, I headed back to the Annex where Craig and I taught an Elevate class and then took them on street outreach. Friday morning we had Ladies Thrive. I had the opportunity to speak to the women about self-control and discipline. Our volunteers did an awesome job of filling in the gaps and covering my mistakes. We have the best volunteers in the world! Surviving Friday, we headed straight into Saturday for our Men's Bar-b-q. Truthfully, Craig and his crew did all the work for that. We girls mostly packed groceries and hung out in the a/c. About thirty or forty men fellowshipped outside; eating charred meat, shooting hoops and spending time together. It was cool.

I think on Sunday I took a nap.

Fast forward to today (Tuesday). I'm at my house doing laundry, checking emails and such. I wonder vaguely where I set my cell phone down. A while later I go to the washing machine to switch my clothes over, and there it is...my shining clean cell phone. Lemme tell ya, not a happy camper.

So, my phone is broke...I don't know any of the 300+ numbers I have stored in there...and no, I didn't back it up on my computer.

On the up-side, the team is back from L.A. They're full of ideas and (if possible) more passion for the hurting. So tomorrow we get to meet and find out what God plans on doing with us next. Tired out, broke phone and bigger plans...what a great time for God to show up and show off. I love serving God! All glory to Him.

1 Comments:

At 8/23/2007 4:05 PM, Blogger AdoptedAsHisOwn said...

Yuk on the "clean" cell phone!!
I posted about your book on my blog. Hopefully it can help a little in getting the word out about such a God-filled book you wrote!
You are awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home