Saturday, June 09, 2007

Through the Tears

Friday mornings at the Dream Center are slammin'. This week we had 23 women attend our Ladies Thrive support group, along with 21 volunteers working in every capacity from bean-counter to daycare worker. Talk about getting it done!

Pastor Alliece did an amazing teaching from the 23rd Psalm, bringing several of the women to tears. She talked about God being our shepherd, and how we didn't have to carry the responsibility for everything in our lives. By the time we got into our small groups my whole circle was in tears. The ladies were broken; weary from carrying their struggles, their families and their disappointments alone. We talked and we laughed and we prayed. We committed to helping each other, through continued prayers and encouragement. By the end of our time, there were smiles all around.

One of the ladies asked me if they were allowed to come again next week for counseling. I smiled and told her they could all come every week. She was so grateful; unable to believe that there was a place she to come to, for free, to get help for her life. I hugged her neck and told her I'd see her next week.

I am so grateful that we all have a place to come to, for free, to get help for our lives. I'm so grateful that the cross is free; completely paid for by the blood of Jesus. I don't know where I would be without it. I know where I was, and I know that I wouldn't have survived there for very much longer. Thank God for His mercy and grace. All glory to Him!

1 Comments:

At 6/14/2007 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once was lost but now I'm found :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home