Friday, June 29, 2007

Another glorious day

We had a busy day down at the Baton Rouge Dream Center today. We had about 30 ladies attend our women's support group and about 25 volunteers helping out in all different aspects of ministry. Blue Sushi (young leadership class) from the Spanish campus joined us to help out in the warehouse and help serve the 150 meals that Cooking for Christ prepared. Some of the homeless guys helped out with serving and then joined us in the streets as we drove around signing kids up for summer camp and promoting our men's bar-b-q for tomorrow. It was a great day.

I had the opportunity to share at Ladies Thrive and talked about Ezekiel 37 and the valley of dry bones. We learned about speaking life over seemingly dead situations and expecting God to breathe life into them again. When we broke up into our small groups I heard one of our attendees tell another, "Don't you worry, honey, whatever your problem is that's bringing them tears, God's gonna make it right. Not too long ago I was the one crying, but God has been bringing me through. Just don't give up, baby." Another woman told me that all her life she has been wanting some place to go just to sit and talk with other women; just a safe place to talk. How cool is it that we get to be that safe place?

One of the ladies who has been coming for 2 or 3 weeks gave her life to Christ today. What an awesome and humbling experience to lead her in a salvation prayer. Her 21-year old son is looking at some serious prison time and her house was recently shot up while she and her daughter were hiding inside. Her lights have been cut off for three days and her car has been impounded. She's been losing the battle to her addictions and she simply doesn't know where to turn. Thank God we know Who to point her to.

I am so grateful that God allows me to be part of His glorious Kingdom. I am continually awed by His wonder, His grace and His mercy. He loves us so much; all of us, all the time. I love my God. I'm so glad He loves me too. All glory to Him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home