Monday, September 14, 2009

A good, solid throat-punch

Have you ever just wanted to throat-punch the devil? That's a pretty regular thought for me so, as often as I can, I just go ahead and do it. I love that the prayers of the righteous availeth much. I feel like we should all just availeth today! (That's right, I'm goin King James on ya now, baby!)

Every day this week I have something going on. I'm not complaining; I love it when life is stacked up. I had the opportunity yesterday to sit on a panel at church (Baton Rouge Dream Center) and talk about how God set me free from addictions. It was a wonderful, humbling experience. On Thursday evening Anne Jackson is coming in to speak at the Hub and I'm so pumped I can hardly wait. (I've only really met Anne one time but because I read her blog almost everyday I think of us as internet buddies. The time I did meet her I gave her MRE's and ostrich jerky from the warehouse...in hind-sight, maybe not the best gift to give a mostly-vegetarian.)

My week looks like this: writing group, accounting meeting, life coach meeting, counseling session, street outreach, Anne at the Hub and then a double-header of softball on Friday night. So what's the problem?

I'M ON CRUTCHES!!! Oh yeah, I feel a giant throat-punch coming on!

I don't know what happened but sometime in the past few weeks my hip decided to quit working for me. I've been to the doctor's, had x-rays, taken medicine (pills and {yikes!} needles) and I'm currently waiting for an MRI. I know that we should consider it all joy... seriously?

I'm a terrible patient and I don't suffer well. Will you please be praying that God will heal my body quickly? I think, praying in one accord, we can collectively throat-punch the devil hard enough to get him off of us. And I love kicking his tail :)

All glory to God!

PS
If the devil has been giving you trouble send me your prayer request and I'll put it on my list. I love praying for people and watching God move!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home