Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Angus burger at BK

I went for lunch with some friends after Sunday service and Molly told a great testimony about a guy she met at church. For anyone who doesn't know Molly, imagine angel food cake covered with chocolate ganache, warm caramel, with tiny bits of melted German chocolate. Yes, she is that sweet. (And genuine, which is amazing considering her ultra-sweetness.) Anyway, Molly sees this guy at church and says hello. She asks how his week was and he tells her it was incredible. He goes on to share that, this week, he was released after serving a 19-year prison term. Molly told him that was fantastic and she asked him what he did on his first week out. He told her that he got and Angus burger at Burger King. Molly celebrated with him.
This guy heard about us when he got hooked up with our Prisoner Re-entry program. I absolutely love that Healing Place makes such a concerted effort to reach those that Jesus tells us to reach: widows, orphans, prisoners, the poor. I love that, on this guy's first non-incarcerated weekend in 19 years, he made it a priority to be in church. You can't tell me that God isn't at work within the walls of our prisons.
I was thinking; what would I do on my first week out?
A better question: what would you do?
Drop me a line and lemmino. Be blessed in Jesus' name. All glory to God!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8/11/2009 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's easy. Go fishing and grill some burgers, oh wait, that is what I want to do every week.

Agree with everything you said about Molly - she is world class.

 
At 8/11/2009 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Burger King doesn't serve Angus burgers, dear. McDonald's does. What would Jesus eat?

 
At 8/15/2009 5:00 PM, Anonymous Natalie said...

Jesus would probably be a chick fila sort of man anonymous and Donna I would have to say soaking up the beauty of a lush landscape would be my first opt... and second and probably a daily thing thereafter...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home