Friday, May 22, 2009

Coming and Going

It seems like half the people I know are either out of country or about to get on a plane to cross the pond. This is a really cool time for Healing Place because we have mission teams going to Honduras, Swaziland, Mozambique...all kinds of great places! And, we have teams coming in to learn how to do outreach, HPC-style. People are coming and going all over the place; and all for the purpose of making Jesus known. I love it!!
Side note: I was at a meeting at the Annex last night and just as we were leaving, the Hub (college ministry) was gearing up for their weekly service. I heard it was Redneck Nite, which alleviated some of my concerns about how our next generation was dressed. I gotta say; JP in his shrimp boots, cut-off t and overalls...not a good look. Love your spirit though Bro.
OK, back on track. I've had the opportunity to talk to some of the people going on these mission trips, and I got to pray with some of them. A common theme, throughout the prayer requests, was this: I want God to do something amazing. These kids could have asked me to pray for anything...safety, finances, favor, anything. What they wanted most, was more of God. Way cool.
So be praying for all of our mission experiences, both here and abroad. All of us, I think, want to see God do something amazing. I know I do. All glory to Him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home