Saturday, February 14, 2009

At the well

Happy Valentine's Day (or President's Day if you're reading this a couple days from now)...either way, Happy Day!
We've had a great week. Some way cool people from Cross Point Church came to hang out with us for a couple of days. They helped out with Homeless Breakfast and Thrive but had to catch a plane Friday afternoon.
Today we did outreach downtown; getting ready for our block party next Saturday, handing out chocolate at the intersection and going door-to-door with flowers for the ladies in the community. Good times all around.
Yesterday we had Midnight Outreach; a very cool deal where we take roses to ladies who work at adult entertainment establishments. The Gold Club is a high-end strip club in Baton Rouge. Every month for the last 2 years we've been sending flowers in for the girls with the bouncers. They never let us in, but they send in the roses.
At other clubs, on special occasions we not only take the girls roses, we decorate the dressing rooms and take them gifts. Yesterday afternoon, the Gold Club let us in. The club was closed and the girls weren't there yet, but they allowed us to decorate the room and leave them Valentine presents. The thin edge of the wedge :)
We filled their room with chocolate covered strawberries, Live the Dream water bottles, balloons and heart-shaped candy. The roses were left in a champagne cooler and 'Healing Place Church loves you' was written in lipstick on the mirror. I would have loved to seen the girls' faces when they came in.
Sometimes I feel like we get to be Jesus sitting by the well...building relationship with the women other people don't make time for. The girls dancing at these clubs would have gone to draw their water at noon. I love that we get to remind them that they are valuable, loved and not forgotten.
I love that Healing Place is all about making room for the outsiders...sending people to well, at noon, with the mission of reminding people of God's love. I am so grateful that Jesus came for me when I was at the well. When I was lost, hurting and in desperate need of truth, He came and met me there.
Thank You God for setting me free. Thank you Pastor Dino for your heart for the lost. And thank you Healing Place Church for sending us to the well. All glory to God!

1 Comments:

At 2/21/2009 2:41 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Donna, I love reading your blog.
I don't usually comment, you have already heard so many of mine. lol Keep up the good work, I am proud of you. Aunt Anna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home