Sunday, October 05, 2008

Awesome Weekend, Awesome God!!!

I can't even tell you how good God is. I have had an amazing, exhausting, miracle-filled weekend and I just have to tell you about it.
It started on Friday morning with Thrive, our weekly community support group. My good friend Kim Braud came and shared her story with the women while her husband Adam spoke for a few minutes to the men. Kim and Adam are two of my favorite people; real, dedicated to God and to each other, genuine... the kind of people I like to be around. I was sitting in the sanctuary listening to Kim and watching the women. Some were nodding, some were crying but most were simply locked in. Kim had opened her heart to show them her scars, and in return their hearts were being opened. God was moving and they were getting set free. It was so cool.
I should probably mention that we had a visiting team in from Church of the Highlands; a great group of men and women who drove half the night after working all day to come and serve along side us at the Dream Center. They got in Friday morning about 2:30am and left Sunday after church. We worked them like Hebrew slaves the entire time and I didn't hear one complaint. That's a sign of great hearts and great leadership. I don't know they're pastor but he must be pretty cool to have people like them in his church.
Friday night a bunch of us piled into the van to do Midnight Outreach. We had a bit of a mix up with our roses so we ended up doing our route backwards. We started on northside and worked our way back to Highland. Can I tell ya...northside was hopping!!! We went to Top 10 Social Club, kind of a local hot spot located on Choctaw, and met a bunch of cool people. One guy told us about his experience with Hurricane Gustav...he has sleep apnea and counts on a machine to keep him breathing throughout the night. Since he didn't know when his power was going out he spent most of the storm sitting up in his chair, facing the door with a gun in his hand. Can't be too careful when the lights go out. Fortunately, he made it through and had a big grin Friday night. He told Alliece that he was coming to church on Sunday with his 15 kids. I didn't see him today so I guess something came up. Hopefully next time he really will come.
Bennie's Bar was busier than I've ever seen it. After handing out roses to the ladies and candy to the guys we were ready to load up; well, most of us were ready. Franco had to finish his dance with some woman who insisted that he dance with her...I gotta tell ya, he had more moves than I woulda given him credit for. Good times and Jesus!
By the time we got back over to Highland side Kittens was too crowded to go in. We took the girls from Church of the Highlands into Southern Comforts and it blew their mind. They couldn't believe how appreciative the dancers were...how they thanked us, hugged our necks and told us they loved Healing Place Church. It was fine. We headed back to Highland in time to drop the team off with JP for Bar Outreach.
Saturday morning I had the privilege of attending our Kingdom Builders breakfast. It was awesome! Lee Domingue gave an incredible message...I wanted to write a check for $1.2 million on the way out the door. (I was short about $1.2 million so I couldn't write the check, but I believe that's only temporary). I love being part of a church that is not afraid to talk about money. I believe that's why we will change the world and bring Christ to the nations.
Saturday afternoon I took the team to Walker to help one of our volunteers with some hurricane-related yard work. Mostly we went just to spend time with him and stand with him. His daughter is currently in ICU after attempting suicide. Kinda puts things into perspective...
Sunday morning we had a great service at BRDC. A video message from Pastor Dino rocked the house and about 15 people got saved. How cool is that? We started service 3 or 4 months ago and today we had 255 in church. That's just God.
I'm sure I left out some cool stuff that happened this weekend, but that's what I can think of for now. If you haven't already started praying about our upcoming fast than give it some thought. Check out Pastor Dino's blog to get the scoop on 40:SAP. It's gonna be awesome...I can't wait to see what God is gonna do.
Be blessed, be bold and serve Him! All glory to God.

3 Comments:

At 10/11/2008 1:26 PM, Blogger Carole Turner said...

Great post. I snickered remembering Frank and the dancing, funny for sure. Your the best. Glad you posted again ;-)

 
At 10/18/2008 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Donna, Dean told me that my dance moves made your blog, Praise the Lord, for some of the things we gotta do in the name of ministry and outreach. What can ya say!! Benny's and the midnight outreach it dont get no better than that !!!
Franco

 
At 10/20/2008 6:39 AM, Blogger The Maggio Family said...

Yeah, agree with Carole. You are the best and Glad you finally posted again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home