Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday morning at the BRDC

This will be a quick post but I want to share what's going on right now. I'm sitting at my desk at the Baton Rouge Dream Center at 11am on Sunday morning. Outside my door our refreshment table holds hot coffee, juice and an assortment of pastries and snacks. There were probably 20 people in line when I walked by...men, women and children who have just gotten off the vans we sent out to bring them to church. For some, this will be the only food they eat today.
Through my window I see a man who is unshaven, unkempt and most likely spent the night on the street. In front of him is a woman that I would guess struggles with mental illness; some days she loses the battle. These are people of every age, shape and ability who got up this morning and made a decision to get on the bus and come to church. They put God first today.
I am humbled by the fact that God lets us serve His people. He has given us a front row seat for the miracles He is about to do in His people. They will get their coffee and then go to their classes. They will sit for an hour while volunteers teach them what it means to be Christians. Then they will move to the sanctuary and listen to someone preach the gospel. Some will get saved (in Jesus' name) and some will sleep. Either way, I believe that God is pleased by their effort.
I pray that He will be pleased with our effort too. All glory to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home