Monday, February 19, 2007

Musing from the lake



I went to the lake at Healing Place this morning to enjoy the sunlight. I sometimes go there to watch the fountain, read, pray, think, etc. I had just pulled in to park when movement caught my eye from the field. The big, yellow machines were moving!

One machine was drilling, another was moving dirt and still another was placing steel rods in the ground. I thought of Chapter Two and realized that it was coming to pass right in front of me. I was listening to K-Love on the radio and "Our God is an Awesome God" was playing. How very appropriate, as who would think that a Baton Rouge church could undertake this venture only 18-months after Katrina had devastated our landscape. Yep...God is awesome. I drove up the lot to get a closer look.

I have always loved big machines. I know that doesn't sound very feminine, but I like them any way. I think it's because of their strength; their ability to affect change; to build and create something new; their power to move mountains. And, I like yellow (most really cool machines are yellow).

It occurred to me that men of God have these same qualities. The leaders in our church want to affect change in our community, in our world and in our lives. They want to build a church that is passionate about souls. They want to protect the weak. They want to move the mountains of apathy, poverty, racism and addiction. Like Jesus, they want to move heaven and earth to save God's people.

Not every church is like HPC. Not every pastor is willing to rise to the challenge of discipling and disciplining their flock. I am very grateful for the heart of Pastor Dino and Pastor DeLynn. I am grateful that he is willing to teach men to be men, and she is willing to teach women to be women. I believe all of us benefit from finding our true place. Thank you HPC. All glory to God!

1 Comments:

At 2/26/2007 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donna I love your perspective! You make everything so simple. SO simple, even when the circumatance seems massive and complex - you simplify. I love it.
Your Valentine's Day blog was amazing. That is what it is all about, just showing the girls' that soemone cares.
All glory to Our Lord! -Nat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home