Friday, January 19, 2007

HPC Staff hits the streets

I had a really cool opportunity today to watch almost the entire HPC staff in action. As part of the staff's annual retreat they did an outreach downtown at the Baton Rouge Dream Center. They handed out groceries, cleaned houses for the elderly and prayed for a ton of people.

Now, I see these guys all the time, since I spend a good deal of my time hanging out at the church. But today I saw them in a different light. They weren't sitting behind desks, answering phones and crunching numbers; today they were feeding the hungry, praying for the sick and bringing hope to the hopeless. It was awesome.

I know that everybody who works for Healing Place is called there by God, but it's really cool to see them in the streets, taking God's message to the people. I get to spend a lot of time doing outreach downtown, but many of them do not. Inner-city ministry is not for everyone, but today everybody jumped in with enthusiasm. I'm so glad that I belong to a church who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty. I love HPC!

All glory to God!

1 Comments:

At 1/20/2007 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise Him!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home