Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I love my church!

Healing Place Church rocks. I went to service Sunday and heard Pastor Dino talk about finances. It wasn't the 'I'm afraid they'll leave so I'll sugarcoat it' sermon; he threw down. He had a mini fridge on the stage and he was talking about giving God our best, not what's left. He was teaching from Malachi while he was taking leftover mac-n-cheese out of the fridge. He pulled out some old pizza, some take-out from a couple days ago, stuff from his own fridge at home. Then he related it all to giving: are we giving God our first fruits or our leftovers? It was powerful.

The next night I went to Chick Night (women's ministry) and Pastor DeLynn talked about staying at our post. She talked about the different roles we're assigned to (Godly woman, wife, mother, friend) and how important it is not to leave your post. While discussing the 'Godly woman' post she asked how many people in the audience were wearing tank tops under their shirts. About 75% of the women raised their hands. We collectively agreed that most of the tanks were there for the sake of modesty, not fashion. She emphasized how important clothing is in the statement that we make about our values. She encouraged everyone to dress like a Godly woman. It was great.

I love that my Lead Pastors are not afraid to tackle tough issues. Pastor Dino is all up in our wallets and Pastor DeLynn is messing in our wardrobes. And I believe, that's exactly how God wants it. All glory to Him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home