Friday, May 08, 2009

Kept Safe

I'm sitting in my living room eating a Hot Pocket and watching TV...yep, the secret life of Donna Frank. I'll be leaving to go on Midnight Outreach in less than an hour but I haven't blogged in so long I thought I'd see if I still knew my password. The fact that you're reading this means 'so far, so good'.
We have a team in from Texas this week...a cool group of young women who play college basketball and, in their spare time, drive to Baton Rouge to help out with inner-city outreach. So far this week they have grilled for people on the street, hosted a b-ball clinic for at-risk youth, fed the homeless and done outreach is various venues. I saw them this afternoon and they looked a little weary. They will be on Midnight with us tonight so I hope they had a moment to rest. They're doing a double-header with midnight and bar outreach so they should be getting in around 3am. Gotta love mission trips!
I have to change my Serve shirt and get ready for round 2 (or 3 or 4). I love that on a Friday Night at 8pm HPCers are prepping roses to take to strip clubs across the city. I love that, right now, there is a woman somewhere, in a terrible situation, getting ready to go to work in an unbelievably bad occupation, who doesn't know that God loves her beyond measure, exactly where she is. And I really love that in a couple of hours, we get to tell her.
I love that Jesus went to hard places. I love that Pastor Dino and Delynn allow us to go to the hard places. Lots of churches don't get to go; many times for fear of what others might think of them. I am so grateful that my pastor is more concerned about what God thinks than about what others may think.
"Fear of man will prove to be a snare but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe" (Proverbs 29:25)
I love my church. I love my Pastor. Most of all I love my God! All glory to Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home