Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Highlights

There are so many things that happen and I think 'I really need to blog that'. But then 6 other things happen and I never make it to my laptop. So, today I am going to share a few cool things that I've seen lately.
- Intern Graduation happened on Sunday afternoon. These are the people who, for the past 9 months-3 years, have worked like Hebrew slaves (serving at campuses, raising money for missions, writing papers, studying for tests, worshipping, giving, building the Kingdom and reaching the world by serving one), all for an audience of One. These guys are sold-out for God and I believe every one of them will be a world changer for Jesus. It was so cool to see them walk across the stage and receive their diplomas. GO INTERNS!!!
- Volunteer Appreciation Day was Saturday. Until you've spent a day on False River with 20 inner-city volunteers who have never been outside city limits, you haven't lived. Favorite quote (from GED student): "Well I ain't never been on a river neither...we jus gonna act like it's a bathtub!" Second favorite quote (from Carole to her child): "Evangeline, if you get hit by lightening you are in so much trouble!" Gotta luv our peeps!
- David Wray preaching at BRDC...all I can say is WOW! He did a slammin' job; and he and Bethany are just so cool!
- Last Sunday I walked into the sanctuary and saw Ang (intern) talking to a woman I didn't know. Ang subtly waved me over to the woman, who was talking fast and sobbing. Ang gave me the 'I'm not sure what's happening' look so we both just stood there and listened. The woman finally got out what she wanted to say: Thank you. She told us we ('we' downtown means anyone in a Serve shirt) had knocked on her door and prayed for her to get a job and the next day someone called her and offered her one. The tears were tears of excitement and gratitude. How cool is it that we get to stand close enough to watch God move? Love it!
I am sure there are a hundred other things that I could write but I have to go for now. Oh yeah, if you haven't read Pastor Dino's book yet, Servolution, put that at the top of your to-do list...it's fantastic.
All glory to God!!!

1 Comments:

At 5/19/2009 10:14 AM, Blogger Carole Turner said...

Good times, good times!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home