Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Back Home

I spent the majority of today in airports: a couple hours in Syracuse (NY), then a few more (unplanned) hours in Atlanta (GA) and finally a walk-through in Baton Rouge (LA) to pick up luggage. It was a long day.
I've spent the last few days visiting my family in Canada. (I fly in and out of Syracuse because it's half the price and because I accidentally let my passport expire). Anyway, it's always good to see family, but always hard to leave them. I was explaining to my nephew that I had to go on an airplane to come home and work. He uses sign language, in which I'm not even close to being fluent, so either he knows I left on a plane or he thinks I'm gone out for chicken. I'm sure my sister will clarify.
Every time I leave them I wonder how hard it is for God when His kids are away from Him. I love my family, and I know that God has called me to work here in Baton Rouge, but it's hard being away from them. I talk to them every couple of days, but I rarely spend much time with them. The phone calls give me the latest info but it's not the same as sitting on the couch, sharing popcorn and laughing while we watch a movie. There's a difference between having the info and spending time.
I think it's like that with God too. How often do I pray in a way that gives Him the info (i.e. my wish list), but I don't take time to sit down and enjoy His company? Do I treat Him as my Savior and Creator, or do I do treat Him like a drive-through where I place my order and wait at the next window? Thoughts to ponder.
I want to live a radical life for God. I want everyone who knows me to know that I love Jesus with everything in me. How am I ever going to do that with a fast-food mentality?
Father, help me to want You more than I want me. In Jesus' name I pray.

1 Comments:

At 12/14/2006 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always refreshing to hear what His servant has to say. Your far from fast-food. I think you are at least sitting at a carhop. Love you girl-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home