Thursday, April 29, 2010

Repent...and Stay Small

We are in the final day of hosting the ARC Conference at Healing Place today. The Association of Related Churches (ARC) is a group that support each other, plant other churches and generally tries to build up the Body of Christ. I don't know a whole lot about it, but I know that right now we have hundreds of pastors visiting Baton Rouge that are on fire for God.

But, this blog isn't about them, it's about what God is doing in me as I try to submit to and follow my King Jesus. This is what I learned last night: I'm still a sinner in need of a Savior. Most of me already knew that, but somewhere deep in my heart I got a clearer vision of that last night while Pastor Dino shared his heart.

The title of the message last night was 'Stay Small'. Pastor Dino talked about how we need to stay small in our own sight and not despise small beginnings. I'm going to list the scriptures he used last night so you can do some further study, but these are the take-aways that I got:

1. Comparison is acid to my soul.
2. Everything that God does starts with something small.
3. You stay small, keep Him BIG.
4. There are no big churches...there is only a big God using small churches in a really big way.

At the end of the message he prayed for us...for all of us struggling not to despise our small. I had to repent. I don't know why God has me where I am right now, but He knows. God sees my struggles and my pain and my boredom. God sees it all and He still allows it. I have to quit asking myself why I'm here and start asking God what He wants me to accomplish while I'm here. I have to quit despising my small.

I asked God to forgive me and I believe He did. His word says that when we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. I'm so grateful that God gives me grace...even in the midst of my confusion.

If you're struggling with where you are, I challenge you to read these scriptures and ask God to give you revelation. Lemmino what He tells you. All glory to God!

1 Samuel 15:17
Luke 19:17
Micah 5:2
Matthew 15:34
James 3:4
Zechariah 4:10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home