Sunday, April 20, 2008

Recap from the living room

Okay, we didn't have outreach on Saturday because all our guys were attending HPC's inaugural Men's Conference, so why do I feel even more wiped out than usual? I'm sitting in my living room and I'm having trouble staying awake to watch the hockey game on TV. It's a playoff game between the Stars and the Ducks...and I'm from CANADA!!! Falling asleep during a playoff game is a punishable offense where I come from. (Don't tell any other canucks that I dozed off.)
In my defence, it's been a big week. Miss Alliece preached an awesome word Friday morning at Ladies Thrive. It's tough to stay composed when so many of the women around you are wiping away tears. Then I had the privilege of speaking on a panel at New Beginnings on Friday night. Since all the fellas were at the conference we did an open-forum deal where women could ask us anything they wanted. It was pretty cool; a little intimidating, but pretty cool.
I went to church Saturday night and Sunday morning; two awesome speakers with really on-time messages. I think it's great that within 16 hours I heard from a Ukrainian and an Australian pastor, both live right here in Baton Rouge. Pastor Dino has the coolest friends!
Tonight we had a meeting at Winbourne for our core team at the Dream Center. We're launching our church service next Sunday at noon so we're prepping for the big day. It's always exciting to be part of something new, but it is such a privilege to get to serve with such a fine bunch of individuals. I believe God is getting ready to do something BIG in north Baton Rouge. My plan is this: show up, strap in and watch God be Almighty God. It's gonna be awesome!!!
All glory to Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home