Monday, February 04, 2008

Friday recap

Friday was a crazy day...Miss Alliece was out of town, half of our volunteers were away and I was speaking at Thrive and didn't have anything to say. When we got together for morning prayer Adam looked at me and said, "So Donna, what are your thoughts?" I shook my head and answered, "I think that if God doesn't show up, we're falling flat on our faces." I don't think that was the encouraging word he was hoping for.
Personally, my life has been very stressful lately. There are some things shifting and changing and some days I don't feel like I can get me feet under me. That's how I felt on Friday. With less than 30 minutes until I was scheduled to teach, I sat at Miss Alliece's desk and told God that I couldn't do it. I asked Him to be God; to show up, give the women His message, and basically just carry me through the day. He is so faithful. I have no idea what I spoke about other than I started with a scripture from Exodus. Afterwards, one of the volunteers told me it was the best message I had ever preached. All I could do was point up.
Firday night I had the privilege of speaking at New Beginnings. That is such a cool ministry. Craig, Yvonne and their whole team do an amazing job. Working with people struggling with destructive behaviors is tough. God definitely put the right people in the right places. About three minutes before we started Craig asked me how I felt. Again I shook my head, "I got nothing, Craig. I've got a scipture I don't want to use and no idea what to say." Craig shrugged and said, "Forget the scripture. Talk about whatever you want." I took the mic and God showed up again. He is so very good to me.
I know that the scripture says that when we are weak, He is strong. I'm so very grateful that when I am nothing, He is everything. All glory to God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home