Friday, April 06, 2007

Midnight Worship

I just got back from the Annex. It's about 1:30am and there were still people there when I left. I don't know who's idea it was to show the Passion of the Christ tonight and follow it with worship, but it was brilliant.
I wasn't able to make it for the whole movie. I got there just as the raven was plucking out the eye of the thief that was mocking Jesus on the cross. That scene isn't mentioned in the Gospels, and the first time I saw the movie I thought it was added for effect. I later read Proverbs 30:17 "The eye that mocks a father, that scorns obedience to a mother, will be pecked out by the ravens of the valley, will be eaten by vultures." Interesting.
So the movie ends (I don't want to spoil it for you but...we win!) and worship begins. I look around and I am awed by God's people. There are people standing, arms outstretched, others are kneeling in prayer, some are prostrate on the floor. Dr Tweez is playing the jimbay, Pastor Dino is sitting on the floor reading his Bible. Everywhere people are crying out to God. Simply amazing.
I am so grateful that out leadership understands that we all have our own way to worship; so they give us all different venues. Whether it's in a traditional setting, a video campus or a midnight movie, we all have the opportunity to throw ourselves at the feet of Jesus.
I love my church. I love my God. What a privilege to serve. All glory to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home